Wooson Singapore Pte Ltd, one of Singapore's leading Commercial and Industrial Electrical Hardware Materials suppliers, had a humble beginning in 1980. The office located at 16B Tai Thong Crescent Singapore consisted of one table, one chair and one telephone (all borrowed). In 1981, it moved to 996B Upper Serangoon Road, Singapore. Its marketing office, assembly facilities for various lighting fitting products as well as sotre were located there.
Business expanded rapidly and in 1986 the opportunity to purchase its own premises came. She bought a 1900 sq-foot factory unit in Goldpine Industrial Building, Joo Seng Road, Singapore. The Company grew steadily.
By 1993, it found that the then current location could no longer serve its needs and was forced to search for a new factory space once again. In late 1993, Wooson relocated itself to a much larger factory at Block 5043 - in Ang Mo Kio Industrial Park 2. It retained the Goldpine location as a store. In mid-1996, it required more space and again moved to the largest available factory in Ang Mo Kio Industrial Park 2 - Block 5055.
Business expanded and by 1999 the Block 5055 could not accommodate Wooson any longer. It decided to purchase a 4-storey terrace Industrial Building in Kaki Bukit. This location now serves as an assembly of lighting luminaires and store. Meanwhile it still retains the Goldpine premises as a store and operates fully from the Ang Mo Kio location.
Wooson's current business activities can be generally divided into two categories:
a) Assembly of Commercial and Industrial, Indoor-Outdoor lighting luminaires.
b) Trading in Commercial-Industrial electrical installation hardware materials.